Thursday 22 August 2013

Throw Back Thursday


(creasing at my outfit ha ha!)

This is me and Grandad when I was younger (obviously ha ha) just doing some marching with really long sticks, as you do! He was the best Grandad ever! I have so many great memories with him and miss him a lot.

He is such an inspiration because he came from a really poor family, which was just him and his Mum as his Dad had left them when he was little. In those days it was unheard of to be a single Mum, so they struggled a lot. However he was super clever, and went from rags to riches big time!

He ended up inventing something science-y (I'm not sure exactly what ha ha) and sold it for lots of moneys, and even got an OBE from the Queen for it!

Looking at pictures of me and him reminds me of how important it is to take loads of photos all the time, as it's always so much fun seeing old pictures (even ones just from a year ago) and it always brings back happy memories. I definitely want to have that feeling when I look back at my time being pregnant, and even more so when bubba arrives!

So I've given myself an August resolution (ha ha) to start taking photos on a (mostly) daily basis! I got a Nikon 1 camera for Christmas last year and I have been using it, but no-where near enough.

I've got this weekend off work and plan to do some fun activities, and I'm going back to England for two weeks soon, so I've got plenty of excuses to whack out the camera. So watch this space!

See you soon!!
xx


Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Don't see a problem with the outfit myself, especially the hat!

    ReplyDelete