Saturday 17 August 2013

My Best Summer Beauty Buys


Here are my favourite beauty products this Summer! I really wanted to include a few more than this, but I do like to jabber on so it's best to cut it down to a few products so that I don't annoy you ha ha.

Dove Summer Glow - Nourishing Lotion With a Gradual Self-Tanner

I've always found it hard to find a gradual self-tanner I get along with because they often have that give-away self-tan smell that I hate! But I was so disappointed with my lack of tan-time this summer (grrr, stupid work making me work) that I decided to try and hunt down a good one. I'm so pasty that all the tourist attraction sales-folk in the street keep asking me to go on their boat rides etc, thinking it's the first day of my holiday and I'm yet to see any sun ha ha. Don't they know I'm secretly a local bronzed Goddess?! 

I'd heard some good things about Dove's Summer Glow (and it's one of the only ones I hadn't actually tried before ha ha) so I decided to go for it. And I love it! I've only been using it for the past few days, but so far so good! It smells soooo good - not at all of fake tan but really fresh! And it doesn't have that "glow" that other gradual self-tanners often have.

I opted for the Medium to Dark skin one because I'm impatient and I thought this one would work quicker ha ha. Is that how things like this work? And so far I have a nice sun-kissed look, which takes the edge of my pale-ness! So thumbs for this bad boy!



In the summer I try not to wear foundation (when I can handle my face) because I like to think I tan for the brief moments I'm outside, walking to the sandwich shop around the corner from my work and back again. But I have the biggest complex about my eye-bags, so I hate not wearing ANYTHING. And these next two products are amaaaaazing at working together to eliminate the bags.

YSL Touche Eclat - Number 2

This is an old favourite of mine and I've LOVED it ever since my Mum got me it for Christmas about 4 years ago now! Thanks again Mum ha ha. It's literally so good!

It reflects the light amazingly and makes an instant difference, even with eye-bags are horrific as mine! I chose one of the lightest shades (number 2) because I think the lighter the better to combat the evil darkness of the bags, and it also works really well as a highlighter. 

It's a great brush, and I've never had any problems with it clogging or anything like that. I honestly can't rate this product enough!

Benefit Boing - Industrial-Strength Concealer

With a name like that you expect something pretty amazing, which is the main reason I first got this concealer! And it's lived up to my expectations. Yay, no wasting of money!

I use this after the YSL Touche Eclat and the two work SO WELL together! Although, like the Touche Eclat, this product is amazing on it's own as well. I got Benefit's Boing in shade 2 and it's perfect for my skin tone. It's quite a thick texture but that's what I was after, and works so well with the light texture of the Touche Eclat. They're a match made in heaven! And honestly my eye-bags basically disappear once I've used these two.


Judging by the amount left I think it's fair to say I enjoy using it ha ha.

Lee Stafford Arganoil From Morocco - Nourishing Miracale Oil

This is another product with a big name to live up to - but I'm happy to say it does work miracles on my hair ha ha.

In the summer my hair dries out sooo much and always goes really frizzy, from a mixture of blonde hair dye and the sun ha ha, so I always need a good hair oil product when it starts to heat up. And this is one of the best I've tried!

I use it when my hair's wet, and then again once I've styled it on the ends of my hair, and it gets rid of any split ends I have! It makes my hair look super shiny, and it keeps the frizz away for the whole day, which is amazing! 


Revlon Colourburst Lip Butters:
010 Raspberry Pie and 095 Creme Brulee

(I had to include a pic of these because they're sooo beautiful)

I've saved the best 'till last because I LOVE these two soooo much ha ha. I heard people rave about Revlon's Lip Butters so I frantically went out searching for them (Gibraltar is pretty limited with make-up) and I am so so happy I found these!

I'm not normally a fan of nude lipsticks (I went through the worst 'foundation lips' stage when I was about 15 ha ha, so it brings back horrible memories) but in the summer I prefer a natural look, so I went for the Creme Brulee shade first of all. And I really like it! It looks so natural and makes your lips feel so smooth and soft, with a bit of a shine. It doesn't look foundation-lip-ey at all! Ha ha.

I loved it so much that I then went and purcahsed the Raspberry Pie shade, and I am literally IN LOVE. It's soooo nice. It looks sort of vampy which I love, but in more of a summery way ha ha. And it's not too dark for my skin tone. It's the perfect shade that works with both done-up eyes and a more natural eye, and I can't get enough of it! As with the Creme Brulee shade (and I assume all the Revlon Colourburst Lip Butters, ha) it has a moisturising feel which makes my lips feel healthy even in the heat.

Go buy these now!! Ha ha.

So there they are - my Best Summer Beauty Buys! Let me know if you agree/disagree and what your favourite products have been this summer :-)

See you soon!!
xx

Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Seriously need to get my hands on those Revlon Lip Butters!

    http://ramblingofabeautyblogger.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh they're amazing! :) I'm obsessed haha x

      Delete