Saturday 14 September 2013

My Must-Have Autumn Beauty Buys

As I'm back in England for two weeks I've properly got the autumn feeling and I'm loving it. I love summer and I'm always excited for it to come around, but if I'm being honest it's got nothing on autumn and winter.

The fashion is better - I love chunky things, layers and boots - and I love feeling all cosy and getting excited for Christmas. I'm still a big kid even if I am pregnant ha ha.

So at the first opportunity I had to stock up on my autumn beauty essentials (Gibraltar isn't the best for make-up) I went a bit crazy, but I've narrowed down my massive Boots raid to these four products. These are the kind that if I can't find them I to start to mildly have a panic attack at the thought of using anything else! Ha ha.

If you're a regular reader of my blog then you'll know how much I love this product, and I had to feature it even if I'm getting boring raving on about this one ha ha.

Coming from a girl with a huge complex about her eye-bags, this concealer is the best one I've ever tried. And I've tried them all! It's a great texture, covers almost ANYTHING you don't want to be seen and lasts for ages, and I honestly can't rate it enough.

Without a tan to brighten up my skin during autumn I put more of an effort into my skin make-up (if that makes sense ha ha) and on those dark, early mornings Benefiit's Boi-ing helps make me look more awake, even if I don't feel it :-)

This blusher is literally amazing and I'm OBSESSED with it at the moment! I never normally carry blusher around with me in my handbag but I've made an exception for this one, as it's just so beautiful.

It's got a noticeable shimmer to it which is so illuminating, and I prefer wearing peach coloured blusher to pink in the autumn as it stops me looking so pasty.

It has a mix of peach, gold and copper colours which look great together and I love, love, love looking a bit glittery and shimmery - I'm a magpie! :-)



I've been a HUGE fan of this mascara since I was about 16 (six long years ago - boo hoo, I'm so old) and after trying many, many others I always return to this one.

I recently purchased Benefit's They're Real Mascara after reading so many great reviews and I did really love it, but I honestly don't think it's any better than this one and it's double the price.

Max Factor's False Lash Fusion mascara makes SUCH a difference to my eyelashes, and really does make them look so long ha ha. And the only time I get compliments on my eyelashes is when I'm wearing this! Despite being quick thick it doesn't make my lashes clumpy at all, and it's so easy to apply. I LOVE IT TOO MUCH ha ha.

As well as paying more attention to my making my skin look nice in autumn I also prefer a darker eye, and don't go for as natural a look as I do in summer. So this mascara is a must, must, must-have!



I love a cat-eye during autumn and I rarely do anything else to my eyes ha ha, I'm a creature of habit! And this eyeliner is by far the best one I've tried.

I always go for a thick 'felt-tip' nib rather than a thin liquid brush when I buy eyeliner as they're so much easier to apply and control ha ha, and this one is amazing. It's great for fine lines as well as thick, fuller ones and it's a really nice, dark shade.

It lasts for ages and tends to flake off rather than smudge, which might sound bad but it's definitely better than a panda-eye look ha ha. I'd recommend this to both first time triers of the cat-eye look as well as experts as it's so easy to use but also a great quality product.


If I had to narrow it down to a few products these would be my top four, but I have so many other favourites as well ha ha so I might do an England beauty haul soon, to show you everything I purchased in these two weeks :-)

Let me know what your must-have autumn beauty buys are and what you think of these products.

See you soon!!
xx

Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Great post hun, think i seriously need to invest in the benefit concealer, it sounds fab! I've nominated you for a Liebster award, hope you don't mind, I've explained it all in a post on my blog - www.abeautifuldelight.blogspot.co.uk if you want to check it out :) xx

    ReplyDelete