Tuesday 17 September 2013

Bump Update: Week 27


Sorry for the pajama bottoms but I'm wearing a dress, so it's that or my pants ;-) ha ha. Also sorry for the rubbish lighting, it's dark when I'm home from work now! Crazy shenanigans.


Some more apologies for you ha ha - I'm sorry I've been useless (again!) the last few days with my blogging, it's just SO exhausting being back at work that I haven't had the energy. I'm on a rubbish shift this week, doing 12:30 - 8:30, so in the mornings I'm having a small lie in and then doing boring things like chores, and by the time I've caught the bus home and had some dinner after work it's 10pm and I'm exhausted. But I promise I'll do my best to update this as much as possible!

And here's my favourite thing to blog about - my bump update! Woop woop. Also I realised today that for some reason I've missed out a few questions in the last few bump updates I've done, so there are a few new things in there this week :-)


How far along? 27 weeks and 1 day! 
Total weight gain: Oh my God I actually weighed myself the other day ha ha. It was when I was in England (I'm back home in Gibraltar now) and I was at my Nan's house. I was doing a wee (nice) and I noticed she had some scales in her bathroom and I couldn't resist! I just checked my first bump update where I'd written my starting weight, which was either 9 or 9 and a half stone at 12/ 13 weeks pregnant (I couldn't remember ha ha) and when I weighed myself the other day I was exactly 10 stone. So I'm pretty sure I must have weighed closer to 9 than 9 and a half pre-pregnancy, because I'm a big fatty boom boom now ha ha. So there ya go! I can actually answer this one for once :-) I've gained between half a stone to a stone since the start! I've got no idea what's normal though.
Maternity clothes? As I'm back in Gibraltar now and the weather is still hot here I haven't been wearing my maternity clothes, and instead I'm back in my floaty summer dresses that still sort of fit me ha ha. But as soon as it starts to cool down I'll be back in my maternity trousers and big jumpers :-)
Stretch marks? This is one of the new questions! And no I don't have any yet (touch wood). To start with I was using Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula For Stretch Marks every day to try and keep them at bay, but then I got lazy ha ha, and for ages I stopped using anything on my tum. However at the moment I'm putting on The Body Shop's Beautifying Oil (the coconut one, yum yum) when I get out the shower just because it smells so delicious and I love rubbing bumpy (it does nothing for stretch marks ha ha). But my Mum never got stretch marks so I'm hoping it's in the gene pool, or I'm just not fat enough yet!
Sleep: Mixed reviews! I've got a cough and a cold at the moment so that's kept me up a bit lately, but last night I slept sooo good. I only work up to wee once (which is good for me ha ha) and the only other time I was disturbed from my dreaming of cream eggs (fatty) was when I woke myself up scratching my mozzie bites - the evil things!
Best moment this week: Ermmmm I don't know to be honest. I had to stay goodbye to both mine and Sam's families which was really sad, and I'm back at work after two lovely weeks off so that's all pretty negative ha ha. But I have had a nice time being back in Gibraltar with Sam :-) I love our little home together!
Miss anything? Another new question, and the answer is - no nothing! I don't miss drinking alcohol AT ALL which I thought I would. I guess the only thing I miss is a strong bladder ha ha.
Movement: Another new one - yay. And yes, lots and lots and lots of movement! I LOVE feeling her kick as it's like having a secret friend trying to communicate with me ha ha. She's so active in the mornings and evenings and quieter during the day, although she still kicks quite a lot throughout the day too. Especially when I'm eating chocolate ha ha! She's got a sweet tooth like me :-)
Food cravings: Anything sweet I can (and sometimes will) eat aaaaall day long! I could easily have five puddings instead of a main meal in the evening ha ha. But no real big cravings! Nothing mad like coal or rubber yet ha ha.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not really, no. I still haven't attempted eating chicken without breadcrumbs though :-)
Gender: Girly girly!
Labor signs: Noooo. BUT I have been having Braxton Hicks contraction things... I think! My belly goes rock hard and feels tight and strange for about 30 seconds, and I've been having that randomly for a few weeks now. However at first I just thought it was growing pains, but I just happened to read somewhere about Braxton Hicks the other day and it sounded exactly the same as what I've been getting ha ha! But they're nothing to do with real labour :-)
Symptoms: Urgh, lots of rubbish symptoms this week. I already suffered from excess acid in my stomach pre-pregnancy (I have this thing called Non-Ulcer Dyspepsia, which is where my stomach is overactive and produces too much acid) so since I've been pregnant it's been getting worse and worse, but this week it's been a killer. Rennie is the only thing that seems to help, or if it's not too bad then a glass of milk does help, but it's so horrible and painful! I've also been getting the WORST shoulder pain ever, especially when I've been sat at work all day. And bleeding gums, constant wees and a lot more tiredness the last few days. It's all fun and games this pregnancy malarkey ;-)
Belly button in or out? IT'S NOW A PROPER OUTTY. Yep, the day has come at long last and it finally popped out properly! I'm not sure how I feel about it to be honest ha ha, it looks mental. But I've been told it will go back in after I've given birth ha ha.
Happy or moody most of the time: I was anticipating being a miserable thing this week after leaving my family, but I've been having such a nice time with Sam that I'm super duper happy!
Looking forward to: Two days off work on Thursday and Friday ;-) I'm so excited to be a bum and do nothing and I don't even care how lazy that makes me :-D

I hope you enjoyed the extra questions in there, I'm not sure what happened with me missing them out the last few weeks! Being blonde AND pregnant is a lethal combination ;-)

See you soon!!
xx

Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. YEY!!! I loved this even more than normal, didn't think that was possible!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post! :')

    http://xovintagewayoflifexo.blogspot.co.uk/
    Ava xo

    ReplyDelete